in.ane - origin Latin "innis"; content that lacks sense or substance.

chat - origin Middle English "chatten"; to converse in an easy, familiar manner.

in.ane chat - origin "innis chatten" - to converse in a familiar manner, content that lacks sense or substance.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Of liliputs and dinosaurus

I was recently on a week long trip to India. A day before leaving for India I watched an animated movie on Jonathan Swift's Gulliver's Travels and on the flight I watched King Kong. In one movie we were the giants in the other we were the liliputs.

However, what was interesting was that while on the flight I was reading "Coolie" a novel by Mulk Raj Anand. In the novel they have this incident when the kid, who has just started to work as a servant, is scolded by his employer, the lady in whose house he works. While reading this, I had this strange picturisation of the scene of the novel. It felt like the lady was a giant and the kid a liliput. I felt sorry for the kid.

That proves, too much cinema is bad. Everything in the world relates to what you have seen in a movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home