in.ane - origin Latin "innis"; content that lacks sense or substance.

chat - origin Middle English "chatten"; to converse in an easy, familiar manner.

in.ane chat - origin "innis chatten" - to converse in a familiar manner, content that lacks sense or substance.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Bravo Zulu...

On a UA flight to San Francisco while still waiting to be taxied and to take off I was shuffling the channels on the on-board radio. I found that UA uses channel 9 (I think) for the passengers to be able to hear the conversations between the cockpit and the air traffic control. So I got hooked on to it during the entire trip. Here are some interesting conversations at London, San Francisco or at the stopover.

1) The pilot says, "this is Air XX flight no. ##"...the ATC responds, "so what do you want me to do?"

2) The pilot - this is flight xxx when can I take off...the ATC - I have no idea where you are and how far you are from the tarmac?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home